Plenty of businesses have already turned to voice over IP solutions to enable the best work from telecommuting workers. These are workers who work remotely, either at home, while on travel, or anywhere else away from their office phone and computer. Telecommuting offers flexibility to businesses and employees. Companies can save money on leasing physical office space and attract workers from a greater talent pool. Employees get the flexibility of working outside of the typical office-environment and cuts out the hassle of commuting to work. Telecommuting is the way of the future, and voice over IP provides the best tools to support a company’s remote workforce. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘ telecommuting ’
Many businesses and work from home employees are already well-versed when it comes to IP-telephony. This includes applications like Skype, which make low-cost or free voice calls through the internet possible. Unified Communications (UC) takes this model and takes it steps forward to utilize other types of communication, including your phone system, and make them as cost-effective and convenient.
As technology continues to grow and expand, businesses are able to offer their staff members’ new options within the workplace. Some companies are beginning to offer double monitors for work; others are creating bigger break rooms for relaxation. In today’s society, more and more companies are also beginning to offer the option of telecommuting to their staff. While many businesses have realized the benefits of using telecommuting, others are still skeptical.
Telecommuting can bring several benefits to your business, including:
As technology continues to advance, the way we conduct business is beginning to change as well. Companies are doing away with the traditional methods of conducting business and branching out to allow technology to mold how business is run. One of the methods in the forefront of this new movement is telecommuting. Telecommuting allows successful communication between team members and clients without the need to be in an office. While some businesses are embracing telecommuting, others are still skeptical of the new trend.
The business industry is finding more offices and companies allowing their employees to telecommute. While some managers and owners fail to see the benefit of telecommuting, there are actually many ways for telecommuting to benefit your business.
- Cost- While it is obvious that telecommuting will save the employee money in the long run; telecommuting can also help the company save as well. One less body in the office means saving on overhead, heating and air, and other expenses, which can save businesses near 11,000 dollars a year.
- Environment- Telecommuting is a way for businesses to help reduce their overall carbon footprint on our ecosystem. Telecommuting means a reduction in energy used in the office as well as gas burned in order to reach the office every day. According to the Consumer Electronics Association, the act of telecommuting can save the correct amount of energy to give a year’s worth of power to one million homes found in the United States.
- Productivity- There is a common misconception surrounding telecommuting that it will harm a company’s productivity level. However, two recent studies show this concept to be false. The University of Texas, Austin found that those who participate in telecommuting tend to work about five to seven more hours than those who work in the office. Stanford also conducting a study that showed an increase of productivity by 13% in employees from a call center who were allowed to participate in telecommuting.
- Morale- Allowing staff to participate in telecommuting is a great way to increase the overall morale of your team. Studies show that employees who are able to work from home have lower levels of stress along with a more positive approach to their work. This is because employees are given the opportunity to balance their personal and professional lives with telecommuting.
- Turnover- Employees who get frustrated with their daily commutes, or those who are finding it difficult to balance their professional and personal lives, are more likely to resign from your company. This means a hit in productivity, which can result in a hit in profits. Telecommuting will help lower your overall turnover rate while keeping the productivity level of your company high.
Delta Intellicom has served the Maryland, Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Pennsylvania areas in telecommunication products and services for over 20 years. We strive to provide our customers with the latest products from Nortel and Avaya along with maintenance and troubleshooting services to make telecommuting possible for your business.
To get started with Delta Intellicom, call us today at 1-800-946-3358 or visit our contact page!